Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Lee Yuan Sheng
Contributing Editor
Default Adobe Lightroom 3 Reviewed by Digital Photography Review

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/adobelightroom3/

"Adobe Photoshop Lightroom first saw the light of day in January 2006, as a publicly available beta. Its intended audience, then as now, was professional and enthusiast photographers who want to organize and edit images - primarily RAW files - quickly and simply. For this reason, it doesn't offer layers, or any of Photoshop CS5's various graphic design-oriented features, and originally it offered very little in the way of pixel-level adjustments either."

dpreview.com has their writeup on Lightroom 3, and liked it a lot. Since I'm still not going to use Adobe Camera RAW for my photos, I will give this a pass. For others though, Lightroom 3 offers plenty of power for organising and doing workflow edits to your photos. I tried the beta and quite liked its organisation-to-editing capabilities. I'm looking forward to what Phase One comes up with when it updates its acquisition of Expression Media (formerly iView Media Pro), and see how the two compare. I know they're different, but it's interesting to see how they'll shape up.