Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Slate & Tablet Hardware > Dell Streak

Old 07-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Chris Gohlke
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Dell Streak User Interface Caught on Video

http://www.notebooks.com/2010/07/28...eak-demo-video/

This is a nice video demonstrating some of the customizations Dell has done to optimize the Streak to make better use of Android on a larger screen.  For the most part it looks pretty good.  From the video, they imply that the Streak is landscape-only, which is not something I'd heard before, but maybe I'm just inferring too much from what he said.  If true, I think this is a bit limiting, as I'd want to use a lot of apps, like an ebook reader, in portrait mode.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:29 AM
Michael Knutson
Contributing Editor
Send a message via AIM to Michael Knutson Send a message via MSN to Michael Knutson Send a message via Yahoo to Michael Knutson Send a message via Skype™ to Michael Knutson

yup, predominantly landscape, although I did read that there are some screens that can be tweaked into portrait mode ... still looks pretty good for a version 1 product ... but that Android 1.6 thing is puzzling.