Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 07-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Adan Galvan
Contributing Editor
Default AT&T One Cent Sale!

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...3OYZ!CIWM01-2-1

AT&T is currently running a one cent sale for any Windows Mobile phone. For your penny you can get a Samsung Jack, HP Glisten, LG Expo, or a HTC Tilt2. As AT&T has been rumored to be an important launch partner for Windows Phone 7, this could be a move to clear out inventory. Buyers will have to sign a two year contract as well as sign up for at least a $15 data package.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 PM
paschott
Intellectual

If I didn't know that WP7 was coming soon, I'd probably jump at this. Knowing that WP7 is around the corner (so to speak), I see this as pretty much a bad deal. The Tilt2 looks good, but not in comparison w/ what's coming.

Now if any of those could be upgraded to WP7, I'd consider it, but they don't really meet the hardware button limitation specs, let alone the speed/graphics specs.

It may be a good deal if you really like WM 6.x, but seeing that that platform is pretty much on life support now, I just can't justify renewing a contract for a device that isn't going to receive a lot of support.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:40 PM
efjay
Theorist

Yep, pretty poor choice to go for one of these unless you are a business and even then, how much support will these phones get? Typical carrier though to try and offload obsolete stuff on unsuspecting customers. Run far away and wait for WP7!!