Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Old 07-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default We Want You: Thoughts Media Review Team Seeking Contributors

http://www.thoughtsmedia.com/reviewteam.php

Do you enjoy using new hardware, software and accessories, then sharing your experience with others? Then join us on the Thoughts Media Review team! We're looking for individuals who find it fun to test hardware, software, and accessories then give their honest opinions about them.

Our areas of focus include laptops, netbooks, slates, tablets, Windows Phones, the Microsoft Zune, Android phones, the iPhone, iMacs, Macbooks, iPad, and other digital devices such as digital cameras, video cameras, photo editing software, printers, scanners, video editing software...and pretty much anything else related to creating, editing, and sharing anything digital. Oh, and don't forget about headphones and nearly any other gizmo out there from portable batteries to memory cards to power bars. We focus on the Windows and OSX platforms, along with Windows Phone, iOS, and Android for mobile platforms.

If it's technology-related, odds are good that it can be covered on one of our sites - and that means you can write about it. It's important to understand that you won't be writing for a single site - you can review any product you want as long as it fits into one of the areas of focus that our network covers.

We're looking for people with a solid grasp of the English language, but you don't have to be the next John Grisham to qualify. Impressive writing skills are less important than having an appetite for thoroughly testing technology and sharing your thoughts with others. Part of the review team application process is writing a trial article, and we'll get a good feel for your writing ability from that.

Interested? We have more information on this page, including a FAQ that's worth looking at. I'm looking to add at least a dozen new faces to the review team, so if you're interested, please apply! I'm also happy to answer any questions you might have that aren't covered in the FAQ, so please post them here and I'll respond.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Dilpickle1
Neophyte

I'm very interested, but was wondering...

I'm still in school, so its likely that I might have to go awhile (month or so, I'd say) without being able to write. Would that be OK, or frowned upon? I'd be able to schedule around my school to a point, but if it gets rough, I gotta put it ahead of everything else.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

Very appealing offer; will definitely mull over it this weekend. Like Dilpickle1, I'm also still in school, so that's really the only concerning matter (well that and my inactivity outside the Zune branch of Thoughts ).

Old 07-23-2010, 04:17 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilpickle1 View Post
I'm still in school, so its likely that I might have to go awhile (month or so, I'd say) without being able to write. Would that be OK, or frowned upon? I'd be able to schedule around my school to a point, but if it gets rough, I gotta put it ahead of everything else.
Sure, school/real life always comes first. As we explain it in the FAQ, there's a 90 day cycle for reviews. So if you think you can do four reviews a year, that's the minmum that we ask. And if things get busy and you need to take a bit of a break, there wouldn't be a problem with that. As a volunteer, we understand that other things take priority - but with three months to get something to review, use it, then write the review, it's not a super heavy workload.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:18 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alber1690 View Post
(well that and my inactivity outside the Zune branch of Thoughts ).
FWIW, the inactivity isn't a problem - you don't need to be an active community member to be a part of the review team. All you need is an interest in the hardware/software/accessories that our community wants to see reviewed.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Dilpickle1
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Sure, school/real life always comes first. As we explain it in the FAQ, there's a 90 day cycle for reviews. So if you think you can do four reviews a year, that's the minmum that we ask. And if things get busy and you need to take a bit of a break, there wouldn't be a problem with that. As a volunteer, we understand that other things take priority - but with three months to get something to review, use it, then write the review, it's not a super heavy workload.
...I promise I read the FAQ! I just didn't see that. :P