Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop Thoughts Events

Old 07-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Win a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card in the Easiest Contest Ever

Hey there Thoughts Media community! I was looking through an interesting discussion thread the other day, and I found myself realizing it was somewhat difficult to figure out who was saying what. Why? Because I'm a very visual person, and when I look at a discussion thread, I see avatars before I see the posting name. Back in the phpBB days, everyone had an avatar for their profile - but since we migrated to vBulletin a couple of years ago, it seems like adding an avatar to your profile is no longer the cool thing to do. Well, I say we make it cool again!

Here's all you have to do in order to be in the running to win a $50 gift card for Amazon.com: upload an avatar to your forum profile, and post a message as a response to this post telling me what you'd use the $50 gift card for. That's it - could you possibly imagine an easier contest? :-) If you don't want to upload a picture of yourself, there are many places to find avatars online (here, here, or here for starters). Keep them tasteful, respectful, and a maximum of 100 pixels by 100 pixels in size, and 19.5 KB or smaller. Non-animated GIFs and JPEGs are supported.

One comment per person, and I'll leave this contest open for a full week, closing it down on Thursday the 29th of July at 12pm GMT -7. Let's see those avatars!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Kevin Jackson
Contributing Editor

I would use the $50 to buy a couple of the books on my wish list. Can't get enough books

Old 07-22-2010, 05:38 PM
murph
Ponderer

X360 game for $10!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:38 PM
paschott
Intellectual

Good question, probably board games. The better ones are kind of expensive and I just blew part of my Amazon credits on one of those.

I'd ideally want to save up for a ZuneHD or (better) a WP7 device, but I doubt I'll be buying one of those through Amazon as I'd have to either sign up for new service or sign on some really odd contract terms that would result in me losing either my family plan or my unlimited data plan. Besides, I'm kind of waiting for a "Zune HD 2" that would be compatible w/ WP7 apps/games. *sigh*

Board games and tech books it is. (I'd consider some Unca Scrooge books as well, but there's nothing huge out there I want - in case you can't guess, I'm a fan of the Carl Barks stories. )

Old 07-22-2010, 05:39 PM
jakeb
Neophyte
Default Contest

I'll buy books for my kids.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM
uzziah0
Pupil

I'd probably get some books for my son. Maybe some Wii accessories!

Old 07-22-2010, 06:04 PM
markhartman
Neophyte
Send a message via MSN to markhartman Send a message via Yahoo to markhartman

I would pick up a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad...

Old 07-22-2010, 06:05 PM
dldnh
Neophyte

Look at all these nice people getting things for their kids. I already spent all my money on my kids, so I'll use this to buy something nice for myself, maybe a downpayment on an android phone -- do they have those at Amazon?

Old 07-22-2010, 06:07 PM
The Yaz
Thinker

I would put this towards an external DVD drive for the Netbook I bought for my daughter

Steve

Old 07-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Stinger
Thinker

I'd probably put it towards a new Xbox 360.