Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > HTC Windows Phones

Old 07-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Eric Lin Talks HTC and Windows Phone 7

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/341...windows-phone-7

"The last time Pocket-lint was treated to a demo of Microsoft's new mobile OS, there was no mention of HTC. Samsung and LG crept into the conversation regularly, but HTC? Not a peep...It got us thinking that maybe, with the huge success of its Android phones, the Froyo updating process currently under way, and the eventual release of Gingerbread, HTC might be focusing its attentions elsewhere. We were wrong."

Well, reading between the lines, I'm not so sure. Not that I don't believe that HTC won't release a Windows Phone 7 device(s), but rather that it's a little ambivalent about it. HTC now has it's fingers so deep into Android that there simply can't be the same level of commitment to Microsoft's OS as there was before. But read the article and decide for yourself.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:13 AM
efjay
Theorist

All the more reason MS should think of either making their own hardware or partnering with a fewer number of OEM's and having more control. Being at the mercy of companies like HTC should scare them, people see HTC as the premier WM/Windows Phone brand and if they decide to look elsewhere that will prompt the detractors to blame it on the OS. I personally prefer Samsung, tons of storage, good cameras and without them being able to stuff up the phone with touchwiz all they need is a solid hardware design and we can happily wave goodbye to HTC.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Fritzly
Sage

MS always made great hardware; I use their keyboard and mice and they are excellent. The routers and wireless adapter MS launched years ago was great, with a very simple and intuitive Ui and wizards.......... and then it got discontinued. Same story with MS Cordless Phone launched in the late '90s: the hardware had some shortcomings but the software, called Microsoft Call Manager was way ahead of any other competitors; sadly it was discontnued after just one year and the software only worked with Windows 95/98. Still today it is beyond my comprehension why MS does not offer a complete phone /answering machine, etc. software for Windows.

IMO MS would be perfectly capable to offer a branded phone but such actions could further damage relationships with other hardware manufacturers; keep in mind that MS sell the OS.....

Personal opinion varies: I lke HTC phones very much, I use a HD2, and I do not think MS can afford to loose them as partners.