Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 06-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default A Kin Update Commeth - What Needs Fixing?

http://social.answers.microsoft.com...13-80aede7e5c89

We've got a pretty good source (via Microsoft Answers) that a Kin update is coming sometime later this summer. Besides what the poster has issues with, what does Microsoft need to fix? Kin users and review readers weigh in - what should Kin 1.1 (or whatever the update is called) include or change?

Old 06-28-2010, 07:49 PM
randalllewis
Thinker

I have been enjoying my Kin Two since launch day. I like the suggestions made by the author of the article. I have not experienced the battery issue mentioned, but three times since I've owned it, I have experienced a very rapid battery drain- less than 10 hours. Normally, my battery doesn't drop below one-third even with heavy use. I have not been able to track down the cause of this mystery drain because there hasn't been anything consistent concerning my use of the phone on those days. It would be great if a firmware update can address this issue.

There was a comment from Microsoft earlier that an update might improve the camera performance. I'd agree with that one too. The camera works well in daylight, but I've yet to get a keeper picture indoors or at night.

A simple calendar would be a good addition. That is the one item I really miss using the Kin. It doesn't need to be Outlook, just something that lets me look up dates and share events or appointments.

----

My only other changes to the Kin Two wouldn't be firmware, but hardware. The phone is easy to slide open to reach the keyboard- perhaps too easy. I find myself partially sliding it open when pushing the hardware camera button. A bit of a detent in the slider would be nice.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:20 PM
charge
Neophyte
Default A better browser

Just make the browser better. As good as the iphone/android browser. Including html5 support.

That will take care of all the app and PIM needs most people have...