Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Events

Old 06-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Win an HTC Imagio, Courtesy of HTC USA

In a continuation of our re-launch contest, up for grabs is an HTC Imagio, a Verizon network phone, donated courtesy of the generous people at HTC. This is a really nice phone, featuring a 5 megapixel camera, a 3.6 inch 480 x 800 (WVGA) touch screen, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a 1500 mAh battery, a Qualcomm 528mhz CPU, 288 MB of RAM, 512 MB of on-board storage, a microSD card slot, and GPS. Oh, and that cool little kick-stand! I wish every device had a little kick-stand like that, it's great for watching videos while on a plane, etc.

Because this is a Verizon device, this contest is only open to people from the USA - sorry rest of the world! To enter to win, all you have to do is post a message telling me what phone you're using now, and in what way the HTC Imagio would be superior to your - how would it give you a better Windows Phone experience?

The contest will run until Friday, July the 2nd, at 3pm GMT -7. One entry per person, and a random drawing will determine the winner. The will will be notified via email and forum private message, and will have 72 hours to claim their prize.

UPDATE: The contest is now over, and the winner is looneytoone! I had asked how the HTC Imagio would provide a better experience than the phone you currently had, and here was looneytoone's answer:

"I am currently using a Droid. After working with Windows CE and Windows Phone, etc, I thought it was time to check out something with a "buzz" behind it and went to Android. Yet still, for some reason, I continue to follow and keep up with Windows. Has my Droid experience been good, yep! But I miss the connectibility with Exchange and other apps that I've gotten use to. Plus the camera rocks on the Imagio. I think I'd come back home if I won this great phone."

Welcome back looneytoone!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:54 PM
cmchavez
Intellectual

Currently using an HTC Shadow running on T-Mobile, but I'm long out of contract currently. I'd use the newer phone to keep more up to date with my business and home email, as well as, sneak a few TV shows in while on the road (not while driving though ).

The larger screen size and touch screen capacity would be far more usable than the current, button-only interface that my current phone has.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:01 PM
buffalosolja42
Neophyte
Default I need it because currently I am using a Samsun SGh-A137

I had owned a TP2 but during a potty training fiasco, my son and I fell asleep on the sofa woke up in the morning we both were wet and oh yeah my phone was in my pocket. Can't really afford to get a new one (outright) because looking to get married and trying to be more responsible (should of thought of that insurance). But I must say the battery life on this phone is great lol.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:49 PM
geneb
Pupil

Currently using a Samsung Omnia i910.

While the Imagio does not have the 8Gb of internal storage of the Omnia, the 3.6 inch 480 x 800 (WVGA) touch screen will make using the device much nicer in all applications. Especially when browsing the web.
The presence of a standard 3.5mm headphone jack is far better than Samsung's proprietary interface and will make listening to video or music much easier and more enjoyable.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:55 PM
pauliewog
Neophyte
Default Replace the oldie

changing out my current TMobile MDA (yup it's that old) would be a great enhancement to my daily routine. Since I am an advid user of Windows Mobile for Office Mobile applications on a daily basis I could actually edit and even read most excel or word documents. Where as now I am lucky to even open most recently produced documents. Not to mention I could actually watch a movie while traveling without the jumping frames.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:56 PM
swtrainer
Pupil
Default Win an HTC Imagio

I'm currently using a Samsung Epix on AT&T. I would be interested in using the Imagio as the article states - I fly often with my job and watching video on the plane with that screen and the kickstand would be a nice touch.

Plus, I have actually been thinking about switching one phone to Verizon Wireless. Last year during the ice storm, here in Western Kentucky, AT&T Wireless was out and I had to travel 30 miltes to use my phone or get email and only the people with Verizon Wireless had connectivity throughout the storm.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
looneytoone
Ponderer

I am currently using a Droid. After working with Windows CE and Windows Phone, etc, I thought it was time to check out something with a "buzz" behind it and went to Android. Yet still, for some reason, I continue to follow and keep up with Windows. Has my Droid experience been good, yep! But I miss the connectibility with Exchange and other apps that I've gotten use to. Plus the camera rocks on the Imagio.

I think I'd come back home if I won this great phone.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:24 PM
TKETZ196
Pupil

My phone right now is an E-TEN G500 running WM 5.0. I think this phone would be vastly superior than my device now. It doesn't help that it is on AT&T and the service around my are sucks. The phone itself is not too bad, i have it just right that it utilizes as many features as possible from a technical standpoint. I do like the OS and i feel it is more flexible than other platforms. This is due to the vast amount of apps available.

I think WM 6.5 is awesome in that most apps are compatible that exist today, so i would be able to use many of them. I love HTC products and i really like how they managed to really push their brand, especially in the USA. I would like to utilize newer programs, and the more advanced hardware that is available today. I like my device, but really it is showing its age, so everything about this phone would be. I could have tighter integration with MSFT services and better integration with my laptop. I do currently over blue-tooth sync and send/receive files but i think new devices have a better handle at that. Lastly, i do need higher speed for data and better coverage. Once my contract with AT&T is up, i would like to switch to Verizon.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Dianakcv
Neophyte

I have a sprint HTC Touch pro 2. I think going from touch pro 2 to Imagio is a great improvement, because the new imagio can have the WM 7. It's faster, it holds more in battery, and it's sleek. When i got my first touch screen phone, it was the HTC vogue, since then I've fallen in love with HTC, they make really great phone, when it was time to upgrade, I didn't look for anything other than HTC, I just love those phone, and also love Windows Mobile.
It would be awesome to win this one! And it's pretty cool what you guys are doing ...well *crossing fingers* !! ;D -diana k c v

Old 06-28-2010, 07:42 PM
BrotherDave
Pupil

I'm using an original t-mo Dash. The Imagio would beat the ancient dash in about every way. My dash is too painful to browse on and the camera is only for when you�re totally desperate. I only use it for phone and email and calendar. I'm particularly sure the Imagio would excel in browsing and picture taking so I'd be able to actually do those things. Plus I have old software from by pocket pc days that I could probably run again on the Imagio.