Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 06-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Windows Phone 7 As Early As October

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone...browsers-695324

"One thing developers will like: in July they get access to test phones. "That's the number one question I get," Watson told us. "Where is my device?" And what about the rest of us? It's still holiday 2010, and for the benefit of those of us outside the US, he narrows that down as "between October and New Year"."

Mary Branscombe offers up an interesting column on TechRadar today that quotes Brandon Watson, Microsoft's director of developer experience for Windows Mobile basically confirming a few things that we've seen elsewhere and also assumed (But it's never bad to hear it again). October is the earliest you'll see a Win Phone 7 device, developers will see it earlier, and Copy & Paste will return triumphantly at some point in the future. Quite frankly with all of the device information we're seeing leak out about possible WP7 units nearing production, I'd guess we may even see one hit in September - or am I being optimistic to the extreme?

Old 06-11-2010, 05:26 PM
maxnix
Intellectual
Unhappy Interesting, but.....

The EVO 4G hardware has seduced me. Frankly, I would like to have the granular control of WM6.5, but the speed of Android 2.1 is also seductive.

After the advent of Android 2.2, I may never come back. But I will still watch. Maybe when WP7 gets cut and paste?

Great "strategery" MS! Abandon WM6.5 and expect users to hold on until a new, incompatible and less capable product is introduced. We have met the enemy, and he is our own incompetence. When you are running a race wearing cement overshoes, you will always lose!

Old 06-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Fritzly
Sage

My guess is that someone at MS ran out of ideas so they decided to copy Apple; kind of "if it worked for them let us do the same and we will be a winner too".

As I stated before the UI is intriguing; said that I do not know if it will be functional and if people will dislike it in the long run.
What is unacceptable is how MS crippled the hardware; it is just ridiculous.