Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default SPB TV Gets Updated to Version 2.0

http://spb.com/press/pressreleases/2010/jun08.html

"SPB Software, a leading mobile software developer, has updated the Windows Mobile version of its flagship application SPB TV to version 2.0. Due to advertising revenues support the program is now free-of-charge and subscription-free. Ads featured in SPB TV only last as long as channel buffering takes and therefore preserve the best user experience. In addition to the existing features that include quick channel previews, a TV guide for more than 150 offered channels in more than 20 languages, picture-in-picture mode, fast channel launching and switching, the new version offers also a video on demand (VOD) option. With this new feature the users can control what they are watching and when. Unlike broadcast TV, VOD provides greater choice and interactivity."

I have to admit, I've never really appreciated the concept of place-shifted TV. Time-shifted, yeah, I'm all over that - but for me, it's far more useful to be able to record something on TV and watch it later than to be able to watch something live in a place where I might not be able to actually enjoy it. At any rate, SPB TV 2.0 is now out, and features an integrated TV guide, a browser with "fast channels launch", and the ability to set a reminder. SPB's press release does't make it clear if those are features new to the 2.0 release, or if those features were around in the 1.0 release. It's a free upgrade for Windows Phone users though, so you have nothing to lose by checking it out of you've purchased 1.0. You can purchase SPB TV from our affiliate store - right now it's now showing the 2.0 version, but I imagine it will soon...

Old 06-09-2010, 11:59 AM
fone_fanatic
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to fone_fanatic Send a message via Yahoo to fone_fanatic

maybe you didn't read the press release clearly... but its now free to everyone, not just for people that have previously purchased it, but for everyone

"Due to advertising revenues support the program is now free-of-charge and subscription-free."

Last edited by fone_fanatic; 06-09-2010 at 08:17 PM..