Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 05-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Friday Freebie: WebIS Pocket Informant

http://www.handango.com/content/Fre...keting_message1

"Pocket Informant is designed as the most usable and powerful Calendar, Task, Contacts management software for your smartphone. Pocket Informant is the only full featured Personal Information Manager that provides an Agenda, Day, Week, and Month Views alongside powerful Task and Contact views. Journal your appointments, tasks, or contacts to store more detailed notes about each encounter or for time billing purposes. Assign category colors and icons so you can more easily see your appointments, tasks and contacts and see what you're doing this month."

Handango has made a paid app free for today only, and it's none other than the venerable Pocket Informant by WebIS. To claim your freebie, simply add the item to your cart, then apply the coupon code, FAF521, during checkout to bring the $19.99 total down to zero. Hurry! Because as of now, you have only just a little under 23 hours to grab it before it's too late.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:39 PM
tcurran
Neophyte
Default This promotion code is not valid

That's what it says when you try to apply the code. Too bad. I was eager to give it a go.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:48 PM
mmidgley
Intellectual

it worked for me. i did not have to enter the code myself, the site entered it just by following the posted link.

m.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:19 PM
asims
Intellectual

This is no longer for non-phones like the hx2750 and the h2495, isn't it? Are the previous versions that are for non-phones still available? And free today too?

Great news! I was able to follow a link in my email receipt to a cab file and successfully install PI on my hx2750! Woohoo!

Last edited by asims; 05-23-2010 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: Update on status

Old 05-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcurran View Post
That's what it says when you try to apply the code. Too bad. I was eager to give it a go.
I had the same thing happen at first. If you click their free software link on the main page and the "download now" button it won't need you to put in the code. If you put it in, like we both did, it gives the error you got. If you look closer, it's already go the code and is showing $0.00.

I love Pocket Informant! If you're using it already on a vga or better device turn on the mini-text for the calendar view!!! It kills me nearly all screen shots of PI with the month view show a normal, what is to me useless, month view. The greatest value of PI to me is that I can glance at my screen which day I'm doing a specific task.