Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 05-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Windows Phone 7 Screenshots

http://www.winsupersite.com/mobile/...p7_rc_shots.asp

"This week, a ROM image of a near-final (RC1 escrow) version of Windows Phone 7 leaked online, providing us with a near-final look at Microsoft's next smart phone operating system. (It's an unlocked version of the April CTP, for those who are curious.) If you've been following along on my Windows 7 Secrets blog, you know that I've been using these unlocked ROMs in tandem with Microsoft's freely-available Windows Phone developer tools to examine the company's progress using a software emulator. But since this is a near-final build, I thought it would be worth a closer look."

It's getting closer and closer, and looking good. Paul Thurrott a his Supersite for Windows has a big gallery of screenshots of a close-to-final build of WP7. While he couldn't get some of the functionality (social media integration for one) to work through the WP7 emulator, there's a pretty comprehensive walkthrough of screens you can expect when WP7 hits RTM. I don't think there have been many changes as far as the look of WP7 is concerned since the launch, you might spot something I've missed. Have a look and let us know what you think!

Old 05-11-2010, 03:43 PM
mlashmet
Neophyte

Well, it looks kinda cool, but I'm not really sold on the interface. Maybe if I were to use it, it might grow on me though. Unfortunately, there are enough other issues with WP7 that I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm going to Android. The Evo4G looks amazing. I just hope it lives up to the hype. Even better if I can keep my SERO plan with it, although I'm not holding my breath... LOL

Old 05-11-2010, 03:44 PM
efjay
Theorist

android has pulled ahead of the iphone in sales for the first time and all we get of wp7 is screenshots, MS is always going to be behind in this game....

Old 05-11-2010, 05:24 PM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

It's all nice and peachy but the real question is, if the hardware will be up to the task so that software could perform flawlessly
Just looking at how much iPhone 4G will have to offer (iPhone OS 4 unveiled, adds multitasking, shipping this summer -- Engadget ), and how much WP will take away from user experience I makes me think that Apple and MS finally switched places in the mobile market.
Way to go MS! You've gotta bring Bill Gates back in change if you want to survive.

Last edited by virain; 05-12-2010 at 11:50 PM..

Old 05-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Fritzly
Sage

What a waste....
Such a great UI trashed by all the artificial limitations imposed on WP7 devices....

Old 05-12-2010, 12:06 AM
kerrins
Ponderer

As I accidently ran my cursor over the "social media" link, and it opened some stupid Bing Window...it reminded me that WP7 won't have cut and paste but instead will have smart links. Great, links to stuff I don't care about, but can't but and paste what I really am interested in...thanks MS. Next is either and iPhone or Android.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:40 AM
Steve Jordan
Thinker

I am SO not impressed. The interface is so minimalist, it's downright ugly... and who thought I wanted to see text so large that it doesn't even fit on the furshlugginer screen? This OS just looks like an art student's project.

Maybe it's just as functional as previous Win OS versions... maybe more. But gad, I wish it wasn't so ugly.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Russ Smith
Intellectual

Wow. Based on the non-random sample above, it's a good thing we're not the audience for WP7. It's a bold, new direction that will also mean starting over on the customer base. It's too bad MS doesn't have a plan B for those of us who've been with them up to now.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Smith View Post
Wow. Based on the non-random sample above, it's a good thing we're not the audience for WP7. It's a bold, new direction that will also mean starting over on the customer base. It's too bad MS doesn't have a plan B for those of us who've been with them up to now.
The one million dollar questions is: "Does MS know what is the audience for WP7?"
Honestly I am not sure they do.......

Old 05-12-2010, 04:24 PM
efjay
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzly View Post
The one million dollar questions is: "Does MS know what is the audience for WP7?"
Honestly I am not sure they do.......
Maybe Steve Jobs will take time out from counting his iphone profits to tell them, that way they can get their clone absolutely perfect...