Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default WMWifiRouter 2.0 Released; Now in Windows Mobile Marketplace

http://global.wmwifirouter.com/news/item/19/

"This new version of WMWifiRouter brings many small improvements, enhancements, bug-fixes and device-specific stability improvements. We've picked a handful of the most noticeable changes from our changelogs...All languages have been updated... Massive amounts of code were added to ensure Wi-Fi stability on those devices with "sensitive" Wi-Fi drivers...On most of the devices WMWifiRouter is able to use Bluetooth with, multiple simultaneous Bluetooth clients are now supported... New Wi-Fi connections now pop up a notification with the details of the device that connected...Power management has been improved"

Back in August, I reviewed WMWifiRouter and today we see the release of their 2.0 upgrade. Along with the changes noted above, the software is now available in the Windows Mobile Marketplace and the 2.0 version is a free upgrade for those who own 1.x versions. Woohoo!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:09 PM
frankenbike
Intellectual

That app was the main thing keeping me to Windows Mobile when I had to get a new phone last October. I like the fact that you can use your phone as a modem through WiFi, USB and BT with it. Saved my butt many a time when either having no Wifi or unreliable Wifi at venues I'm reporting from.

Using your phone as a 3G hotspot rocks.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:30 PM
srini20
Neophyte
Default Power consumption?

Any info on power consumption for this application. I use Mobile WiFi router and it drains the battery faster than it could recharge even when plugged in.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:54 AM
frankenbike
Intellectual

On computer USB, it drains the battery faster than it charges if the cell signal is weak. The latest version (which supposedly has better Wifi power management) seemed to not drain faster than charge when I used it over the weekend, but I wasn't using it for that long.

I haven't tested the Wifi with a high output charger yet, but I might give that a try sometime.

It has USB and Bluetooth options as well, and I usually use USB or BT unless I need to make it available to several people at once (like when the work internet fails).