Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > HTC Windows Phones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2010, 01:25 PM
gxtal
Neophyte
Send a message via MSN to gxtal
Default Do I need a stylus?

Hi,

I've been out of the Windows Mobile world for a few years after using an iPhone, but I'm now looking to purchase an HTC device because I miss the full Outlook connectivity and (believe it or not) the home screen.

My concern is how well do the the touch only HTC phones (HD2, HD Mini, Touch2) work without a stylus? I still have quite a few windows mobile apps that I would like to use (list pro, codewallet, sprintdb) that were definitely not built for non stylus input.

Would I better off tracking down one of the HTC phones that come with a stylus (I was thinking of the HTC Cruise 2009) or does the HTC software compensate well enough not to require this?

My needs are pretty basic, good screen for reading (RSS reader, eReader/mobipocket), Outlook connectivity and the previously mentioned apps. Whilst the HD2 screen is lovely and the mini stylish, I could save a few hundred by getting the Cruise 2009.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg.