Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Samsung Windows Phones

Old 04-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Update for Verizon Samsung Omnia Available

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa...1&PROD_SUB_ID=0

"Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SCH-I910, which is recommended to be installed. This upgrade includes numerous software additions/enhancements/corrections. The update may take up to 10 minutes to complete if the system is already set up."

If you have an Omnia lying around (sipping data and service from Verizon), you may be interested in this update from Samsung which updates a few things, fixes a few bugs, and takes approximately 10 minutes to do.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default Worked for Me

Thanks for the news item about this. I updated my Omnia and it worked smoothly. I don't know if I see any major differences, but launching a Web page from E-mail now seems to work all of the time. Previously, if Opera wasn't already running, the page load would seem to hang and I'd have to press Stop, tap the address bar, then press the Enter keyboard key to get the page to actually load.

Unfortunately, a couple issues from the previous update are still there. Specifically, old-style menu bars aren't rendered properly. They're still there, but the text is often obscured by graphical garbage. Programs like Calc98 are harder to use because of that.

Steve