Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 04-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Ever Made a Photo Book? Or Wanted To? Then Read This

http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/...hoto-books.html

This is one of those rare network-wide announcements, but if you own a digital camera, you'll probably be interested in this topic: this morning over on Digital Home Thoughts I published an article that was seven months in the making. This article is the single longest piece of writing I've ever published online; it's a gargantuan 15,000 words, has 87 images, and 12 videos. Don't worry, it's easy to read with a jump-list table of contents, and executive summaries in the conclusion.

The topic? It's a photo book review - but not just any photo book review. I was searching for a photo book comparison review, and couldn't find anything that matched the scope I needed...so I took it upon myself to write it. It encompasses 12 different photo book companies, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. So whether you're a photo book expert, or if you've never printed a photo book in your life but think you might like to, I think you'll find this review useful. I'd also appreciate you sharing it with others via Twitter, Facebook, etc., and digging this if you have a Digg account. Thanks everyone!

Old 04-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Digital Diva
Neophyte
Default Don't Forget Creative Memories

Jason, your review was incredible! I do want to mention one amazing company that was not on your list, Creative Memories. Their Storybook Creator Plus 3.0 software lets you be as creative as your imagination will allow. I find many of the photo book companies very limiting in the selection of layouts, background papers, etc. That is why I love using Creative Memories. In addition, the quality is fantastic. Here is a quote from their website "Engineered to stand the test of time, our StoryBook photo books are protected from the harmful effects of pollution and fading because they're printed on specially treated papers with pigment-based inks. Our StoryBooks stand out from the competition: Hardcovers are stitched for maximum longevity, and softcovers have a unique personalized cover. You'll be able to touch and see the difference."

The software is very user friendly. If you can play Solitaire, you can create a photo book with Storybook Creator Plus 3.0. The software also has advanced editing features to touch up your photos, advanced color matching tools, and the flexibility to rearrange/resize any element on the page.

Although the software is designed to perform many advanced techniques, you have the option of simply clicking and dragging your photos onto pre-designed pages or have the software auto-fill your pages (the software will automatically place the pictures on the pages according to date AND time).

The software is so incredible that I use it to make fliers, business cards, invitations, and more. You can even print off single scrapbook pages and insert them into your traditional albums. As you can tell, I am pretty passionate about the products that Creative Memories offers, but when it comes to preserving our family memories, I want the best.

Go to here to check it out. You can even download a free version to test out the software, but BEWARE, you will want to purchase the software once you see what it can do.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Diva View Post
Jason, your review was incredible! I do want to mention one amazing company that was not on your list, Creative Memories. Their Storybook Creator Plus 3.0 software lets you be as creative as your imagination will allow.
Hi there Digital Diva. You're not the first person to mention Creative Memories, but you've given it the most glowing review so far. Do you perhaps work for this company?