Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-30-2010, 03:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default HTC HD2 Running Windows phone 7

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010...ted-to-htc-hd2/

"Microsoft might have lost a lot of friends when it finally announced the HTC HD2 would not receive an update to Windows Phone 7 Series, but its loss is Tom Codon's gain. A fixture over at the HTCPedia forums, Codon looks to have become the first person to port WP7S over to the HD2."

I guess it was only a matter of time before someone got down to the task of making Windows phone 7 work on an HD2. Here's what I'm kind of curious about though: when he's on the list of programs and he swipes downward, a scroll-bar appears on the far right...that looks like a UI element from Windows Mobile 6.x, and not something that should be a part of Windows phone 7. Because of that, I'm not entirely convinced this is legitimate, but I could be wrong. What do you think? One more video after the break.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:16 AM
Fritzly
Sage

I will wait and see; they stated that, so far, the process is irreversible; once WP7 is installed there is no way to get back to 6.5.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:09 AM
efjay
Theorist

Looking closer at the video showing internet explorer clearly shows the screen moving out of sync with the finger gestures, thats a pretty big red flag.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

The scroll bar appears in the SDK emulator. It flashes up when you slide up or down, in long lists anyway, such as the applications list. Not on the home screen. It disappears when the screen stops. Does give some feedback on where you are in the list.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
The scroll bar appears in the SDK emulator. It flashes up when you slide up or down, in long lists anyway, such as the applications list.
Ah, OK - I guess I never noticed it before...