Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > HTC Windows Phones

Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default No More Messing Around: Get A HD2 Today from T-Mobile

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones...l-phone=HTC-HD2

"Download books, TV, movies and more with the fastest processor speed available. Get the largest touch screen on the market, and you'll forget it's a smartphone. A data service is required with this phone."

If you're looking to score an HD2, now's your chance to do so. $449 without contract, $199 with. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a tough decision to make ;-)

UPDATE: And boom, just like that, it's sold out at all retail stores!

Old 03-24-2010, 05:05 PM
efjay
Theorist

Dont need to tell me twice, bought the beast already and charging it now.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:55 PM
fbeiderb
Neophyte
Default Took the plunge

Just got back from the T-Mobile store. Bought their last model. While I was there another guy came in for one. They had 6. Calling around to other stores the T-Mobile guy found 1 store in the area that had some.

Decided to go for the full price and see how it works out over the next two years (break even is at about 22 months best I can figure).

Old 03-24-2010, 08:41 PM
rainer
Neophyte
Default Got mine! :)

This HD2 is the real deal! Super smooth. Installed OpenMarket which has a whole host of cool free apps, the best of which so far I've found is the myPlayer app. Working like a dream. Watching Family Guy on Hulu as we speak in delicious high quality. Stunning piece of hardware. The screen is fantastic!

Old 03-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Omegajb
Pupil

Anyone having issues with the call quality? Mine has a lot of static if I use the handset but if I use a head set it's fine. I tried to return it but all the stores are sold out.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:37 PM
C Sammet
Pupil
Smile Wirefly has it for $99 and last night still in stock

I ordered mine yesterday from Wirefly (www.wirefly.com) and they are running a special for $99 plus free activation with T-Mobile.

Use a coupon code of WIREFLYMEMCARD17 and get a small 2 Gb memory card for free as well.

Last night they still appeared to have stock and mine is supposed to ship today. Oh free Fedex shipping made it even sweeter.

I figure the T-Mobile network issues can't be any worse than the ATT issues I have been dealing with for the last 3 years. When they introduced the IPhone my network speed went to the dumpster. Add to that the dropped calls and I can't imagine T-Mobile being any worse if even that bad.

So it's bye-bye HTC Advantage, hello HD2......

Old 03-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Don Tolson
Thoughts Media Review Team

Not to throw too big a pail of water on the enthusiasm for the hardware itself (It IS a really nice unit), but with WinPhone 7 units due to come out in approx 6 mos, I'm not sure I'd want to plunk that amount of change down right now.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:52 PM
efjay
Theorist

6 months is a long time and for T-Mo users there's no guarantee the first round of iWP7S phones will support the AWS frequency, with at&t being promoted as the premiere US partner I think we will see phones on that carrier before anyone else. Which is probably MS trying to guage how successful it will be, launch on the iphone's home carrier and see how it fares.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tolson View Post
Not to throw too big a pail of water on the enthusiasm for the hardware itself (It IS a really nice unit), but with WinPhone 7 units due to come out in approx 6 mos, I'm not sure I'd want to plunk that amount of change down right now.
If WP7 will be what MS is saying it will be now, I am going to buy a spare HD2, in case something happens to my actual one, or look elsewhere.
When MS will release WP 7.1/8 and the new releases will bring back what is missing now I will look at and compare it with what the iPhone and Android will be offering.
Right now I have no interest whatsoever in WP7 as it seems to be.
Just my opinion of course.