Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Developer

Old 03-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Microsoft Details Windows Phone Marketplace Experience for Developers

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/wp...connection.aspx

"On Monday, I wrote about how the Windows Phone Marketplace provides a different kind of shopping experience from a customer point of view. Today I wanted to describe how the Marketplace experience helps application and game publishers improves discoverability, monetization, and long-term customer connection. We've learned a lot from our experience with the Windows Marketplace on Windows Mobile, and listened to feedback from over a thousand developers that informed the design and experience of the Windows Phone 7 Series Marketplace experience."

Microsoft has published the second part of its Windows Phone Marketplace guide with a discussion on discoverability, monetization, and customer connection - all key topics of interest for both developers and publishers. If you're in that crowd, be sure to give it a read.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Is it confirmed that applications for WP7, bought on the marketplace will be locked tothe device? In other words are like OEM software: locked to the hardware they were originally installed?
Just curious....

Old 03-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzly View Post
Is it confirmed that applications for WP7, bought on the marketplace will be locked to the device?
It's not like that today on Windows phone 6.5 hardware, so I'd be surprised if they took that route with the new phones...I sure wouldn't like that, because I switch/test phones pretty often. I hope they didn't offer developers this as a carrot to get them to develop for the platform - that would make me REALLY grumpy.