Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 03-19-2010, 01:30 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default "HTC DISAGREES WITH APPLE’s ACTIONS" Says Press Release

http://www.htc.com/ca/press/htc-dis...ples-actions/10

"HTC Corporation today outlined its disagreement with Apple's legal actions and reiterated its commitment to creating a portfolio of innovative smartphones that gives consumers a variety of choices. Founded in 1997 with a passion for innovation and a vision for how smartphones would change people's lives, HTC has continually driven this vision by consistently introducing award-winning smartphones with U.S. mobile operators."

That has to be the most polite way to respond to a lawsuit I've ever read - who wrote this, a Canadian? Anyway, the press release outlines some of the interesting firsts that HTC has made in the market. I didn't realize they created the hardware for the first Windows PDA back in 1998. That would have been an HPC if memory serves - Palm-sized PCs weren't out yet, were they? I wonder which HPC HTC was an OEM for? Compaq? Philips? HP? NEC?

Old 03-19-2010, 02:21 AM
Russ Smith
Intellectual

Yes, memory serves.
The HPC was the first WinCE offering and, if it was the first, it probably was the NEC. Palm-sized PCs came out a year or so after.

More on topic: Kudos to HTC for choosing the best way to respond to such idiocy.