Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Rumour: Copy/Paste Coming to Windows phone 7 Eventually?

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20...ste-eventually/

"Contrary to the controversial report out of Microsoft MIX10 this week that Windows Phone 7 Series will not feature copy & paste functionality, a person close to the den explained that copy & paste is definitely a scenario and feature that the team is putting a lot of thought about and hope to bring to the platform soon after initial release."

This echoes what I know about the topic and have been trying to say in our very lively discussion on the subject (between the weeping and gnashing of teeth). If this rumour is accurate though, Microsoft has done itself a huge disservice by trying to spin this as a by-design feature rather than telling us "Look, we know you want it, we want it, but we just couldn't pull it off in time - but we're making a commitment to do it as soon as we can." Honesty is always better than trickery. This whole thing has made this a day I want to end soon (that photo above is how I feel right now).

Old 03-18-2010, 01:34 AM
Russ Smith
Intellectual

Ha! When the "people really don't need it" spin fails, they fall back to "eventually."
I wonder how much of a press it would take to make it "by the time we do the roll out."

Old 03-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Fritzly
Sage

The entire story is getting worse than a soap opera; I am amazed by the level of incompetency of these MS highly paid managers and executives.....