Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Competition

Old 03-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Apple's Spat With Google Getting Ugly

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/14/t...ml?pagewanted=1

"In the last six months, Apple and Google have jousted over acquisitions, patents, directors, advisers and iPhone applications. Mr. Jobs and Mr. Schmidt have taken shots at each other's companies in the media and in private exchanges with employees."

The New York Times has a very interesting article on the head-butting going on between Apple and Google right now. Frankly, I think the whole thing is a bit silly and is too ego-driven, but on the other hand, the inevitable distraction this will cause both companies gives Microsoft an opportunity to launch a brand new OS that will need some time to grow.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Fritzly
Sage

My guess is that Apple sees Google as its main antagonist and is trying a pre-emptive strike before Android market share further increase; interestingly none of them seem to be very concerned about MS. At first I would say that people earning hundreds of thousands of dollars per year are much smarter and itelligent than me and the analisys is correct but.... considering that people making simialr amount of money butchered WP7 the way they did I am not so sure anymore about the cleverness of all these "executives.
Time will tell..........

Old 03-16-2010, 10:54 PM
doogald
Oracle

It's hard to take a story based in part on speculation and on non-quotes of anonymous people all that seriously. It seems quite evident that Apple is competing hard in the smartphone market, and Google's Android is a serious contender for market share. The rest of this *seems* possible, but could also be very exaggerated.