Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 03-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default HD2 Owners Get No Windows Phone 7 Love

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/15/...-phone-7-serie/

"Bad news, HTC HD2 owners: Microsoft has finally come right out and confirmed our suspicions that the mighty HTC HD2 won't be upgraded to Windows Phone 7 Series. Joe Belfiore just told us that the HD2 is "not compliant with the Windows Phone 7 Series hardware specifications," which should end any of the lingering doubt that's clouded this issue since MWC."

Well, it's official. The HD2 will forever remain a Windows Mobile 6.5 device. While it's a bummer, it really shouldn't be all that surprising. Microsoft wants to wipe the slate clean with Windows Phone 7 Series, and that means all-new software and hardware. What we're most interested in is that now that Microsoft has made it official this early in the year, will HD2 sales be negatively impacted? Only time will tell.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:02 AM
efjay
Theorist

After seeing MS basically create a Microsoft branded iphone I dont think too many people will be that concerned.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:41 PM
paulswift36
Neophyte
Default HD2 and WM7

For me, it just means I'll stick with my HD2 and look at Android devices in future. Sick of MS ignoring its customers and I doubt WM7 will offer so much that it'll be worth changing the phone for. Dont forget no other software that runs on WMo will work either so who's going to give up or wait for people like Tomtom to port their software. I use so many wm6 apps that I wont move any time soon.