Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > HTC Windows Phones

Old 03-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default T-Mobile's Release of the HD2 is So Close!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/08/...bile-usa-wilds/

"T-Mobile has the release honors and is now showing the HD2 as "coming soon" in its phone inventory. We've also got the first "in the wild" shots courtesy of TmoNews showing that big Blockbuster shortcut linked front and center for downloading On Demand movies directly to the device. Still no firm price or date but $199.99 on contract ($449.99 unlocked) sometime around 24 March sounds about right"

Photo Courtesy of TmoNews, and a piece by Engadget to as well, are the latest proof that the HD2 is about to drop on T-Mobile USA. Start preparing your credit card or bank account now...

Old 03-10-2010, 05:42 AM
socrates
Pupil

Put aside money months ago for this phone, but unless someone can say it's 100% upgradable to wm7, the money will stay in the bank.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Fritzly
Sage

WP 7 related announcements doomed the release of the HD2 by TMobile.
This is the problems of announcements so far from release dates.....

Old 03-10-2010, 02:46 PM
efjay
Theorist

Nothing is doomed. People walk into a store and see Transformers playing, see HTC Sense and see the $199 price, they will be sold.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
bitbank
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to bitbank
Default another WM fanboy

I've been a fan of WM forever because I can write native code with shared source between Win32 and mobile and there are tons of choices as far as the hardware. I could really care less about animated home screens, touch friendliness, multitouch, and so on. When I want to make a call, that part has to work too .

The HD2 is top of the line hardware, so that makes it attractive for me to pay for the upgrade. I could really care less if it was running PPC2003 or WM6.5 or WP7. Either way, I can run my apps, I can make calls and I can have a cool gadget. I'm not a real fan of touchscreen devices; my favorite phone was the HTC Vox, but I've been bulldozed by the iPhone crowd who think that smearing greasy fingers across their phone is the right way to interact with it. Even though the HD2 has no physical keyboard nor D-pad , it's still worth the hassles of dealing with a touch-only device to have a 1Ghz CPU, tons of RAM and a gorgeous 4.3" display in my pocket.

L.B.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:28 PM
socrates
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzly View Post
WP 7 related announcements doomed the release of the HD2 by TMobile.
This is the problems of announcements so far from release dates.....
I think the extremely slow adoptiono process of American cell carriers is more to blame. This hardware has ben for sale everyewhere for months and months. If T-Mo got this out in December, I would have bought one.