Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > LG Windows Phones

Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default LG Win Phone 7 Prototype Seen At Engadget Show

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/27/...otype-unveiled/

"Microsoft's Aaron Woodman just pulled off a little surprise here at The Engadget Show: he brought out LG's Windows Phone 7 Series pre-production prototype! The QWERTY slider is the first branded Windows Phone 7 Series device the world's ever seen"

5 MP Camera! Flash! 3.5 mm Jack! And more pictures available over on Engadget's site. And while I like the look of the front, I'm not too crazy about the keypad's buttons. Thoughts?

Old 03-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Mah... not impressed at all; I understand that this is a pre-release still too much bezel and why the LG is so big?
I am looking to see what the HTC HD3 will be......

Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Eriq Cook
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to Eriq Cook Send a message via Skype™ to Eriq Cook

Features: Very good

Design: Circa 2007

I am happy that one the first WP7 devices will include a full slide out keyboard. The design however looks a bit dated. A lot of wasted space below the screen as well. They could make the screen a little longer or add a directional pad (I would love that actually but I think Microsoft is mandating fewer buttons on WP7 devices).

Hopefully HTC will release a slider about the same time (I know it'll look better). I'll only get the LG model if it's the ONLY device w/full QWERTY available upon launch.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:48 PM
kerrins
Ponderer

I agree. I need a full qwerty and I like a D pad. Didn't realize how much until I got a Tilt 2 that no longer has one. I do like that it has a 3.5 jack though, I mean is that really too much to ask for?
I also agree that the screen should be larger, there is no value in a boarder. Get the screen as close to the edge as possible.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:51 PM
egads
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrins View Post
I agree. I need a full qwerty and I like a D pad. Didn't realize how much until I got a Tilt 2 that no longer has one..
Agree 100%. I'm using a Diamond II and I REALLY miss the d pad.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

This looks like a slight re-hash of the LG eXpo...I'd guess they just changed the buttons.