Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Eriq Cook
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to Eriq Cook Send a message via Skype™ to Eriq Cook
Default Opera Mobile 10 Beta 3 Released

http://www.opera.com/mobile/

"Today Opera Mobile 10 moves one step closer towards final with the release of Opera Mobile 10 Beta 3 for both Symbian/S60 and Windows Mobile. Beta 3 includes a few new features, and a lot of bug fixing and stabilization. Read more on www.opera.com/mobile. Or download it now at www.opera.com/mobile/download from a PC or "m.opera.com" from a mobile phone."

New features in Beta 3 includes keypad support for non-touch Windows Mobile devices and experimental Flash Lite 3.1 support, along with numerous bug fixes and improved speed and stability.

I've been using Beta 3 for a couple of days now on my Touch Pro 2, and while flash support is still a bit buggy (as anticipated but disabled by default), beta 3 has worked very well overall and is a noticeable improvement over previous versions.

Have you had chance to try Beta 3 yet? If so, what do you think?

Old 02-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Reid Kistler
Philosopher

Have been running the Opera 10 Beta for a while on my Fuze (Touch Pro), and am mostly happy with it: really like the interface / menu structure, and it seems to load quickly enough (although often pauses before fully rendering a page).

Don't know if am on Beta 2 or 3 - it simply says "Beta!" - but last download was probably on or about Feb 14/15.

One thing I definitely MISS is the ability to use the Fuze's Scroll Wheel to access the Zoom control: Opera 10's Zoom is easy enough to implement / remove, but preferred the "infinitely variable" option available through the Scroll Wheel.

It also often seems that Opera 10 is too quick to change orientation from Portrait to Landscape - and then TOO SLOW to change back again.

Hopefully the final release will clean up this (relatively) minor glitches....

Old 02-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Chris Sacksteder
Thoughts Media Review Team
Send a message via Skype™ to Chris Sacksteder

Pretty nice. I like the start page ("Speed Dial") -- panel of large "button" (3x3) for your most used favorites.

I don't see any way to import bookmarks; hope that is on their future feature list.

Worth a try.