Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Engadget Reports on Their Hands-On Experience with Windows Phone 7

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/15/...nd-impressions/

"Forget everything you know about Windows Mobile. Seriously, throw the whole OS concept in a garbage bin or incinerator or something. Microsoft has done what would have been unthinkable for the company just a few years ago: started from scratch. At least, that's how things look (and feel) with Windows Phone 7 Series. This really is a completely new OS -- and not just Microsoft's new OS, it's a new smartphone OS, like webOS new, like iPhone OS new."

The guys at Engadget had a chance to get their hands on a Windows phone 7 device before this craziness started this morning, and it's worth a read. There is no Windows Mobile - there is only Windows phone. Forget what you thought you knew about what this product was going to be...

Old 02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
brianchris
Philosopher

So I've been hearing chatter for years that Windows Mobile Standard is going away / merged into one OS......I'm assuming that has finally occured with Windows Phone 7?

That's not necessarily it bad thing....it all depends on the new OS. Just clarifying that, for better or worse, it's finally about to occur.