Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 02-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Pete Paxton
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Windows Mobile 7’s “My Phone” to Feature Remote Contacts & Calendar (Update)

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20...ent=Yahoo!+Mail

"As Mobile World Congress 2010 inches ever closer, an interesting bit of fact about Windows Mobile 7 has leaked early courtesy of an unusual suspect, Google AdWords.Thanks to a heads-up from Rafael Rivera, a keyword ad for "Windows Mobile 7" placed by Microsoft on Google.com pointing to its My Phone service clearly indicates a new feature which will be supported in WM7, the syncing and remote management of phone contacts and calendar appointments. This would be a great step up from the current limited ability to only backup photos, contacts and text messages as well as the ability to locate and wipe lost phones. Fittingly, MobileTechWorld also recently noticed a job ad pointing to a My Phone 2.0 release which hints at even more integration and services.

Update: It appears this feature may already be available on My Phone today, false alarm sorry. Unfortunatel since I use Exchange on my Windows phone, My Phone is severely crippled so I wasn't aware of this."

It's good to see features like this integrated with My Phone. I admit I'm a bit confused here. According to this site, I can organize my contacts and appointments from the web and they'll sync later, but can I remotely manage these as well or is that a feature that's coming? Nevertheless, it looks like My Phone is bringing some cool features to the table and it can only grow from here.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Fritzly
Sage

I am not sure about previous versions of the OS but in 6.5.5 there is an option to back up/ sync contacts and calendar; on my phone they are greyed out because I sync with Exchange but the option is there.
Said that I should also add that what I can do is backup these informations in the cloud, I cannot access them from a web site, modify them and them re-sync with the phone.