Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Get Your Game on with Spinballs

http://www.spinballs.com/

"Spinballs is an exciting puzzle game with brilliant graphics, rocking music and great sound effects that introduces an unique gameplay. Seven discs with six coloured balls on each of them make up the playground. Each disc can be rotated clockwise or counterclockwise. Try to connect balls of the same colors by rotating those discs but never forget that time is running!"

Looking for a way to pass some time? This graphically-intense game is one way to do it. I'm always happy when I see game designers put real effort into the user interface and graphics of their game - Spinballs looks great. The game is a mere $3.99 in our MobiHand affiliate store, so if you're interested, grab it before the sale ends!

Old 02-07-2010, 03:53 PM
yawanag
Thinker
Default Spinballs

I'm having trouble purchasing this. When I click on "Add to Cart" nothing happens.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:30 PM
PsychoChris
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawanag View Post
I'm having trouble purchasing this. When I click on "Add to Cart" nothing happens.
Hi yawanag,

the new PC version of Spinballs has been released so the website had to be updated. This also included the purchasement pages. It should work now.

Best regards,
Chris

Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
yawanag
Thinker
Default Spinballs

Thanks, Chis. I got it.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

$4 only? That's what I call a great price for this game! I wish all WinMo developers offered their apps / games this cheap and not for $10...20.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys View Post
$4 only? That's what I call a great price for this game! I wish all WinMo developers offered their apps / games this cheap and not for $10...20.
I agree! While I think that the 99 cent model for iPhone/iPod Touch is unrealistic unless Windows Mobile attains much more momentum in the market, I think most Windows Mobile apps belong in the $5 range, with some of the "super" apps (rich, deep apps) in the $9.99 range. This $20 to $30 stuff is crazy IMO.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:24 PM
PsychoChris
Neophyte

Comparing prices for WinMo and AppStore software is like comparing apples and oranges. Development for an iPhone is much easier and faster. There is only one screen resolution, and much less difference in hardware between the iPhone releases and only one store!
Checkout the amount of different devices for WinMo. Many different screen resolutions, features like D-Pads, Keyboards, Zoombars, Slider Key, different amount of hardware buttons, and so on... People expect you to support their hardware and easily complain if for example a game cannot be played with the D-Pad. And of course many different stores with different requirements and efforts in order to sell your software.

Regards,
Chris

Old 02-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoChris View Post
Comparing prices for WinMo and AppStore software is like comparing apples and oranges. Development for an iPhone is much easier and faster. There is only one screen resolution, and much less difference in hardware between the iPhone releases and only one store!
That's one of the key things Microsoft is fixing with Windows phone 7. It's game-changing for a developer to know the hardware on the entire platform...to know every phone out there has a WVGA screen, has a 1 Ghz CPU, has lots of RAM, has a capacitive touch screen, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoChris View Post
People expect you to support their hardware and easily complain if for example a game cannot be played with the D-Pad. And of course many different stores with different requirements and efforts in order to sell your software.
I imagine it would be frustrating as a developer to deal with those types of people, but I personally don't expect developers to support every device under the sun - Windows Mobile is far too fragmented for that...