Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default SFR Calculator For Windows Mobile

http://www.sfr-software.com/cms/XX/...tor/index.html#

"SFR Calculator is a revolutionary new kind of pocket calculator. With SFR Calculator, also extensive calculations remain clearly structured. SFR Calculator makes the arithmetic process visible - you can generate intermediate results and subsequently correct or change all numbers and operations."

It runs on all Windows Mobile devices 5.0 and higher. It costs $9.95, or €9.95 if you are in Europe.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Richard76
Intellectual

This is quite an interesting twist on the typically boring "stock" calculators found on mobile devices. I am surprised no one has come up with this idea before now (at least this is the first time I have seen an idea like this). And, it seems reasonably priced for a WinMo app.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Tomcat
Pupil
Smile Windows Marketplace offer

SFR Calculator can be purchased for half the price at
Windows Marketplace.
Hurry up !

Old 01-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Reid Kistler
Philosopher

RapidCalc is the closest application that I have used. Still have a copy running on my Axim.

RapidCalc simply opens as a soft keyboard replacement, and gives the option of either having your calculation show up in a "Total" window, or of also having each step entered into the document, line by line:
+ 36
= 94
= 282

Works with (at least) Notes & PhatNotes, & makes it handy to locate an error - but it lacks the Edit & Correct feature that SFR promises, and which would seem to set the SFR Calculator apart.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:19 PM
wmm
Pupil

I have been using this for several years (the previous version was called calcPad). It's one of the most useful applications I have. It's nothing you can't do in a couple of minutes with a spreadsheet, but having it right there without having to program in any formulas is really handy. Very highly recommended.

(I used RapidCalc for quite a while before calcPad. The main difference is that the calculations in calcPad stay "live" -- changing a number changes all the following results flowing from that number, just like in a spreadsheet.)

Last edited by wmm; 01-29-2010 at 03:22 PM..