Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home News

Old 01-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Xbox Live Coming to Windows phones

http://kotaku.com/5445100/xbox-live...u/full+(Kotaku)

"While the news has been coming for some time now, you always need to break out a confirmation to make everything official. And it's now official: Xbox Live is on its way to mobile phones. The service will be known as "Xbox LIVE Games" (catchy!), and looks to be available only on phones operating a mobile version of Windows."

Xbox Live on Windows phones? Hmm. Could be interesting - assuming, that is, that it turns out to be more than the tease that we've seen in the past and never materialized into anything.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:55 PM
efjay
Theorist

Sounds like you are not a gamer Jason. Personally I would love to get some Halo, Mass Effect or Gears of War action on my WM device in some form. Probably wont be games of that nature but some arcade games might translate well as long as the hardware is sufficient. Smartest move would be to tie it in to Halo somehow and WM phones will probably start flying off the shelves

Old 01-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Hooch Tan
Contributing Editor
Send a message via ICQ to Hooch Tan Send a message via MSN to Hooch Tan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooch Tan

I have to wonder about the commitment that Microsoft has to Windows Phone though. So far, it seems as if they're happy to let Windows Phone flounder for the past few years. Will this just be a one off? Or an empty promise? By itself, I doubt it would be enough to breathe life into OS.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post
Sounds like you are not a gamer Jason. Personally I would love to get some Halo, Mass Effect or Gears of War action on my WM device in some form. Probably wont be games of that nature but some arcade games might translate well as long as the hardware is sufficient. Smartest move would be to tie it in to Halo somehow and WM phones will probably start flying off the shelves
Oh, Jason's a gamer. The problem is we've all been hearing about Microsoft's plan to bring Xbox Live to Windows phones since 2006 that none of us are holding our breath this time around.