Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 01-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Helping Out in Haiti: Send an SMS, Donate $10 to the Red Cross

http://www.notebooks.com/2010/01/14...more-for-haiti/

You've doubtless heard the earthquake that has caused massive damage and loss of lives in Haiti. The Red Cross has set up an innovative way to donate: send a text message to 90999 with the word HAITI in the body. You'll get a message back confirming that you want to donate $10 to the Red Cross; reply back with Yes and you'll get a $10 charge on your next phone bill. Nice and simple - so if you can afford $10, and most of us reading this site probably can, please do it. And if you can afford to donate more, please do.

My friend Xavier from Notebooks.com has decided to step up to coordinate some extra efforts: he's going to match the first $500 donated to the Red Cross via this SMS method. He's reached out to others in the mobile tech industry, including us here at Thoughts Media, to increase the matching pool of money. A bunch of sites are stepping forwarding, including SCOTTEVEST, Gear Diary, Mobility Minded, Gear Live, Ivy Worldwide, and others. Ed Hansberry has personally donated $250 Xavier's Red Cross matching fund on behalf of Windows Phone Thoughts, and I'm going to match that by donating $250 myself. The fund is up to over $5000, which is over $10,000 donated to the Red Cross if everyone steps up to donate via SMS. So come on, help out if you can! All the details are at Notebooks.com.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:34 AM
oposky2006
Neophyte

best wishes to them