Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > LG Windows Phones

Old 12-31-2009, 04:30 AM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Engadget Unboxes and Reviews LG eXpo

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/20/...g-and-hands-on/

"We're not sure we'd be able to find a piece of hardware that made us adore Windows Mobile 6.5 the same way we adore puppies or a hot cup of cocoa, but that doesn't mean that the usual suspects -- HTC, Samsung, LG, and the like -- aren't producing some magnificent hardware on which to run it. Today we've had a chance to give LG's new eXpo for AT&T a quick once-over, and on paper, this is a hell of a handset: 5 megapixel autofocus cam, a fingerprint sensor that doubles as a d-pad, Snapdragon power, a WVGA display, full QWERTY, and most notably, support for an optional microprojector add-on"

The LG eXpo is hitting the news big as of late, and Engadget has their two cents out if you're interested and want to take a look at both some nice pictures of the device and some interesting reading!

Old 12-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

After using the HD2 for a while, it's hard to love the LG eXpo. The touch screen on it is pretty awful...

Old 01-01-2010, 05:22 PM
wmm
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
After using the HD2 for a while, it's hard to love the LG eXpo. The touch screen on it is pretty awful...
I presume you're referring to the sensitivity?

Someone posted a suggestion in another forum I read that the sensitivity is set during the alignment process -- the harder you press, the lower the sensitivity. (There was a similar suggestion for the HTC Fuze/Touch Pro.) This person suggested using the end of a paper clip and a very light touch during the alignment process to maximize the resulting sensitivity.

I don't know if that actually works or not. Presumably there is a value in the registry somewhere that can be set directly to control the sensitivity (there is on HTC devices), but no one had found which one it is, last I knew.