Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > LG Windows Phones

Old 12-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default The AT&T LG eXpo Unboxing and First Impressions

This is a two-part unboxing and first impressions video of the AT&T LG eXpo. The LG eXpo is a Windows phone, running Windows Mobile 6.5, and runs on the AT&T GSM network. It's a quad-band GSM phone, and a tri-band 3G phone, supporting the 850/1900/2100 bands. It's the first smartphone to be sold in North America that features the Qualcomm "SnapDragon" processor, which runs at 1024 mhz. The LG eXpo has a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, 512 MB of ROM, 256 MB of RAM, GPS, Bluetooth, 802.11b/g WiFi, and is 0.63 inches thick.

One of the more interesting things about this phone is the Pico Projector, an optional accessory - watch for my video on that coming up soon!

Jason Dunn owns and operates Thoughts Media Inc., a company dedicated to creating the best in online communities. He enjoys photography, mobile devices, blogging, digital media content creation/editing, and pretty much all technology. He lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with his lovely wife, and his sometimes obedient dog. He likes gadgets.

Do you enjoy using new hardware, software and accessories, then sharing your experience with others? Then join us on the Thoughts Media Review Team! We're looking for individuals who find it fun to test new gear and give their honest opinions about the experience. It's a volunteer role with some great perks. Interested? Then click here for more information.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:53 PM
3DPiper
Neophyte

Nice unboxing review!

I am seriously thinking about getting this phone.. I have a Fuze now and have held out for something better than the Tilt2..

One question: Does it have a digital compass? I see some reviews that say it does and some that say it doesn't..

Also: please give us a picture and video quality example! I read that the video capture is 640x480, I was hoping for 720p..

Thanks!

-Matthew

Old 12-30-2009, 01:46 AM
wmm
Pupil

Until Jason finishes his full review, you can check out the PhoneArena.com review (http://bit.ly/8211gh); it has some sample photos.

That review is somewhat light on detail about the video recording capabilities; however, a friendly person on another forum emailed me a sample video taken at maximum resolution, and it's 640x480 at 20 fps: not completely fluid, but looks pretty nice.