Well, the Compact V (aka Touch Diamond2) update is here already, which has to give you some hope. Will it be worth the wait? Here's my brief take, having upgraded my Compact V
- Marginally better reception
- Pretty stable (but no more so than 6.1)
- You can get to Marketplace, MyPhone etc. w/o hacks
- It doesn't seem to randomly forget WiFi access keys like 6.1 did
- HTC's UI goes deeper.
- "Start" now takes you to the MS honeycomb screen, rather than the HTC programs list. I'm not a fan of the honeycomb
- Access to the MS SIPs is gone if you leave HTCs UI installed. The only options are HTCs keyboards, so if you like Transcriber, or need a <ctrl> key, you're out of luck
- There are still no user assignable buttons: Despite what the setting seem to imply, setting the 'press and hold' on the 'answer' button does absolutely nothing.
- HTC's UI goes deeper - which means there are some things you can't get to.
Um, that's pretty much it. Nothing to get too excited about, I'm afraid. And if the delay is getting you really salivating, I think you might be in for a big let-down.
Enjoy your other Christmas presents / New Year bargains instead!