Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Pete Paxton
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default HP Lets iPAQ Glisten Out of the Box

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/04/...out-of-the-box/

"The AT&T-bound iPAQ Glisten from HP has been unboxed for our viewing pleasure, video of which can be found immediately after the break. If you're not in such a hurry though, you'll want to know it's an AMOLED-fronted, Qualcomm-powered (533MHz) WinMo 6.5 device, which brings the BlackBerry form factor sans the RIM user experience, but plus a touchscreen. Another thing to note is that AT&T's online store will be the only place to get it, at the already announced $179.99 after rebates on a two-year deal. The video does a good job of comparing HP's return to the mobile space with a pair of similar devices, and we're left with the impression that it's a pretty chunky machine, but as usual we recommend seeing it for yourself -- and you already know where to find it."

I wonder how well the Glisten will do? Looks a ton like the Curve but I'm not sure if that's enough to convince people to buy it. Blackberry lovers seem to like their Blackberries because well - because they're Blackberries. Is a look alike with Windows Mobile 6.5 enough to perk interest? Will the touch screen on this form factor as well as beautiful screen be enough to shell out $180 for? My thought is that I probably won't be seeing these in the hands of most. What do you all think? Does it stand a chance or is it already on its way out the door?

Old 12-08-2009, 04:41 PM
badersk
Pupil

I don't know, with palm dropping WM this might be a winner with those business users fond of the front qwerty with a touch screen.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

With all the focus on touch-based devices in the slab form-factor, I think it's great to see an OEM not forgetting about the QWERTY keyboard users.