Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Samsung Windows Phones

Old 11-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Verizon Announces Release of Omnia II

http://news.vzw.com/news/2009/11/pr...009-11-23a.html

"Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the availability of the Samsung Omnia® IITM, a full-touch all-in-one smartphone powered by Windows Mobile® 6.5 to keep customers connected to their corporate and personal e-mail accounts and synchronized with their schedules and contacts. Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the availability of the Samsung Omnia® IITM, a full-touch all-in-one smartphone powered by Windows Mobile® 6.5 to keep customers connected to their corporate and personal e-mail accounts and synchronized with their schedules and contacts."

Available in store on December 2, and for online order now, is the successor to the extremely nice Samsung Omnia on the Verizon network. As a (former - gotta keep updating!) Omnia owner, I can confidently say that you probably will find an Omnia II highly enjoyable - if you're willing to part for your cash and make a deal with the Verizon Devil!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Bob Anderson
Thinker

All I can say is: "It's about time!"

My "New Every Two" came up in August - and I've been waiting patiently. I have the old XV6800 and while it has served me well, the limited RAM and non-"open" GPS, have made life difficult around my iPhone friends.

Of course, I'm looking forward to turning off that hideous Samsung user interface "patch", reverting to WinPhone defaults, and then loading some of my favorite SPB software on the Omnia II to make it easy to use and accessible without such a performance hit on the CPU. Oh, and the 3.5MM headphone jack will work GREAT with my Bose QC headphones!

Finally it appears the WinPhone manufacturers and wireless carriers are giving us what we want.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Twain
Ponderer

I just want to know two things:

(1) Why does this phone get to be made available in stores while the Touch Pro 2 is only available on-line?
(2) Why doesn't Verizon have Windows Mobile 6.5 out yet for the Touch Pro 2? They seem to be dragging their feet on this. :^(

Not to take away from the story at hand, but every time I see a new phone Verizon offers that is available in stores and comes with Windows 6.5, I think about the Touch Pro 2 and cringe.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:44 PM
epdm2be
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to epdm2be Send a message via MSN to epdm2be

weird. the us version has no cube button? Does that mean you get the optical joystick back?