Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Events

Old 11-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Amazon.com's Black Friday Deals

http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=38408...homethoughts-20

"You shouldn't have to stand in a long line to get a great deal. We're searching for the best Black Friday deals everywhere--including deals other stores are planning--so we can meet or beat their prices and bring them to you even earlier. These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day this week, so you can skip the long lines and still save a bundle."

Amazon.com has some great deals today (Fuji Finepix camera for $79 anyone?), so if you're going to do some online shopping at Amazon, do me a favour and use our affiliate link. It costs you nothing, but gives back a bit to the sites that you enjoy. Thanks! :-)

Old 11-29-2009, 09:57 AM
jeffd
Philosopher

I know its to late now, but I read an article showing that amazon actually marked up several of their black friday items they claimed were "on sale". 10+ items they were to have on sale were actually cheaper when searched on the site thursday.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Chris Gohlke
Contributing Editor Emeritus

I know some of the deal looked like they were doing that but they weren't, but there might have been some that they were. For example, the deals were timed, so you could see a deal coming. So before the deal started, it showed their current price, say $10. Once the deal started, they showed the MSRP of say $15 and the sale price of $5, showing a discount of $10, which was not really true. But some great deals to be had. I wish I'd have been quick enough to get the Beatles box set for $99. But, I got the Xbox for $99 earlier this month, so no complaints.