Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 11-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Serious Sketching with DynaInk

http://www.dynaink.com/

"DynaInk is a simple but revolutionary new drawing application which simulates real drawing experience on a touch screen mobile device. DynaInk (thanks to its patent pending technology) can react your drawing dynamism and can change the line width and line color according to it. The result is a rich and eye candy picture. Thanks to this technology it is very easy to get nice painting for beginners, but professionals can also use DynaInk to get serious artwork."

You have to go to their site and check out the demo video - the speed and fluidity of this application looks unreal! I can't draw a circle, but if you're looking for an application to do everything from doodles to serious sketches, DynaInk looks like it's worth considering. The $9.99 USD price isn't half-bad either. I have to wonder though if the shelf-life of an application like this is limited - the HTC HD2 doesn't even come with a stylus! The writing is on the wall...the stylus is dying.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Demens
Pupil

Or not so serious.

Just wasted 30mins drawing with it and it crashed on a single undo. Serious one would have auto save or wouldn't just crash here and there.

- I did like the function where you can take a picture and draw over it.
- That patent pending technology is not that great. Thicker lines the faster you draw.
- Lacks a zoom function
- Slow here and there. Drawing and menus work fast.
- Supposed to have some kind of dynamic color, saw no difference.
- No opacity

I have seen better Imho. But a promising product if they continue to add stuff to it and make stable as a rock

Old 11-26-2009, 12:21 PM
nokker
Neophyte

Thanks for your feedback!

We will put autosave soon, however we do not have crash during 1 month test period on 5 different PDAs. But you are right, autosave is important and we will put it.

Dynamic Color is useful (and can been seen better) on creting filled surfaces. You can see a picture where you can see the dynamic color effect (all the lines has been drawn with the same color settings)

Regarding the line width: you can choose between brush and pen tool to reverse the direction speed/linewidth.

DynaInk can work both singe and multi touch devices (user interface is optimized for fingers), but the best performace (nice drawings) comes with usage of a stylus. As I know HTC will release stylus to their multitouch devices soon.

Thanks,
Gabor

Old 11-26-2009, 06:56 PM
trapper
Pupil

The stylus may no longer be included in the future and multi-touch screens may be taking over but special purpose versions will still be available for capacitive screens. Larger screen phones will be very attractive for drawing programs and the extra space will make these programs much more useful.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:32 PM
palur
Intellectual

It will be a shame to not to have the ability to record handwritten notes on these devices. One main reason I left Iphone was I could not take handwritten notes easily. I hope HTC would release special styluses for capacitative touch devices.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:34 PM
BevHoward
Intellectual

First look is positive, on a 2003se device to boot ;-)

Really like the photo template idea but yet to use it... DynaInk does not recognize the camera on this antique.

One point... ended up with screen residuals left along the left margin after reverting... assume that this may be related to the previously posted crash... i.e. is it possilble that the app's not gracefully handling screen size of different ppc's during the revert process?

Suggestion... make it clearer which ppc's are supported on the site... it's there but hard to find... fwiw, I tend to assume that new apps will not function on pre wm5 devices.

Post how to "cab install" the netcf2.0 ...perhaps in conjunction with a cab download. I ran the cf install, then found the cabs and loaded the one in the

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0\WindowsCE\wce400\armv4

folder... hope it was the right one ;-)

Feedback... I _hate_ device locked apps... As an example, I'm still using apps I purchased in 2001, so, under your schema, I would have had to go through your reregistration process at least half a dozen times wasting both my time and yours over decades... that alone would eat the nice price you have on the app. It's normally a "don't consider purchasing" point for me, but this may be a rare exception.

The other part of those feelings is treating paying customers as "assumed guilty after purchase"

Beverly Howard

Old 11-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Mr. PPC
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Mr. PPC

This application works great on the HTC HD2, without a stylus. No problems using a finger to draw. I liked it so much I bought it.

I would mention that using it on the 4.3" screen just looks amazing.