Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 10-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default HTC Imagio Drops on Verizon Tomorrow

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009...6th-for-199-99/

"Although not a soul alive is shocked by the news, today Verizon Wireless announced it will be releasing the HTC Imagio - its first Windows Mobile 6.5 device - online starting October 6th. The Imagio, known to most by its codename Whitestone, will feature the following key specs: 3.6″ WVGA touchscreen display (resistive, of course), 5 megapixel camera with autofocus, Wi-Fi, EV-DO Rev. A, quad-band EDGE and 2100MHz UMTS/HSDPA for international roaming"

Tomorrow is the big day for those of you cursed with Verizon's fee-loving wireless service. If you want, you can own a HTC Imagio! The 5 MP camera makes for a nice digital camera quick-replacement, and at least with Big V's service you should have coverage in pretty much any rural area you probably don't want to be at in the first place!

Old 10-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Rob Alexander
Sage

Hah! You couldn't pay me enough to live in a big, ugly, crowded city! My 12 minute commute through beautiful Appalachian foothills includes one traffic light, and a traffic jam is when someone goes slow in the left lane. If living with Verizon's lack of enthusiasm for good smartphones is the price I have to pay for this lifestyle, then I'll gladly pay it. As it turns out, though, they're finally about to release a respectable set of phones, between this and the upcoming Omnia 2 and Predator. I'll probably jump on the Imagio since I'm sticking with WM and the O2 release seems indeterminate.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:05 PM
ntractv
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to ntractv

I checked out the CNET review of this phone earlier today and they give it four stars although the voice quality was said to be a little choppy.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:23 AM
eugarps
Ponderer

Me too, Rob, except Verizon is locked out of my western Maryland county and I can't migrate my phone numbers. Sometimes cellular service provider area ownership can be frustrating. I may just bit the bullet and change numbers to get either this or the HTC Touch Pro 2 from "Big V."

Bill