Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Adobe Announces Flash Player 10.1 for Windows Mobile

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pre...icesandPCs.html

"Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today unveiled Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 software for smartphones, smartbooks, netbooks, PCs and other Internet-connected devices, allowing content created using the Adobe Flash Platform to reach users wherever they are. A public developer beta of the browser-based runtime is expected to be available for Windows® Mobile, Palm® webOS and desktop operating systems including Windows, Macintosh and Linux later this year... Flash Player 10.1 is the first consistent runtime release of the Open Screen Project that enables uncompromised Web browsing of expressive applications, content and high definition (HD) videos across devices. Using the productive Web programming model of the Flash Platform, the browser-based runtime enables millions of designers and developers to reuse code and assets and reduce the cost of creating, testing and deploying content across different operating systems and browsers. Flash Player 10.1 is easily updateable across all supported platforms to ensure rapid adoption of new innovations that move the Web forward."

The usability and performance of past Flash Player releases for Windows Mobile have been laughable at best. But this time around, Adobe is promising that 10.1 will deliver a new and improved experience. Don't get too excited yet, though. Such claims are best taken with a grain of salt until the release of the beta later this year.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor

They claim it will use hardware acceleration. How are they going to do that with so many different devices? Is there really any change that a standard install of Flash 10.1 on my WinMo 6.1 device will use my devices GoForce 5500 that almost nothing else, including Windows Media Player, can use? I have a hacked version of TCPMP and that's the only application I have that uses the acceleration as far as I can tell. Video looks amazing with that!

Well, I can't wait to try it!