Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 09-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default GMail Pushed To Your Device

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/20...il-support.html

"Earlier this year, we launched Google Sync which allows you to synchronize your Gmail Contacts and Google Calendar with your iPhone, Windows Mobile, and S60 devices. Today, we're adding Gmail support to Google Sync for iPhone, iPod Touch and Windows Mobile devices. "

Using ActiveSync on your device, you can connect to Google's Exchange Server service and sync your contacts and appointments real time. Now GMail messages themselves have been added to the mix. No more configuring iMAP mail boxes. This is a great service for those that don't have their phone connected to a work server. I wish I could sync my messages up with this service, but work email is more important on my phone than my personal email.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:13 PM
JKingGrim
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry View Post
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2009/09/google-sync-now-with-push-gmail-support.html' target='_blank'>http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/20...il-support.html</a><br /><br /></div><p><em>"Earlier this year, we launched Google Sync which allows you to synchronize your Gmail Contacts and Google Calendar with your iPhone, Windows Mobile, and S60 devices. Today, we're adding Gmail support to Google Sync for iPhone, iPod Touch and Windows Mobile devices. "</em></p><p>Using ActiveSync on your device, you can connect to Google's Exchange Server service and sync your contacts and appointments real time. Now GMail messages themselves have been added to the mix. No more configuring iMAP mail boxes. This is a great service for those that don't have their phone connected to a work server. I wish I could sync my messages up with this service, but work email is more important on my phone than my personal email.</p>
Hmm, very tempting indeed. 7gb MS exchange mailbox? Does it to tasks too? What version of exchange is it? 2007?

Old 09-23-2009, 01:52 PM
doogald
Oracle

Oh, bummer for NuevaSync.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:30 PM
doogald
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
Oh, bummer for NuevaSync.
Maybe not. I've been using Google's new push sync for several days and it's been pretty unreliable, which Nueva never was. I'm switching back.