Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 09-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default HTC Leo In The Flesh

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=7674

HTC's latest hush-hush powerhouse is big, but less so than I expected it to be. A massive 4.3" WVGA screen powered by a 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 5MP camera and the usual assortment of radios, the Leo is claimed by some to be the sucessor to the Advantage. The size may be a put off to many, but I'm thinking this is designed more as a combined phone-PMP device for those who want a larger viewing area for their movies. Now that we know it actually exists (at least in prototype form), anybody out there interested?

Old 09-15-2009, 01:16 PM
badersk
Pupil

Not without a keyboard. There are a lot of nice devices in the works but I really like having a physical keyboard.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by badersk View Post
Not without a keyboard. There are a lot of nice devices in the works but I really like having a physical keyboard.
I like it very much but a keyboard is not a must for me; big screen, a lot of power, a thin device is what I am looking for. I am putting on hold the Toshiba TG 01 and see how fast it will reach the "free" market; no crippled and Sim-locked phones for me.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:24 PM
jdmichal
Intellectual

It looks nice, but I really have a hard time imagining carrying something bigger than my Touch Pro2.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:45 PM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmichal View Post
It looks nice, but I really have a hard time imagining carrying something bigger than my Touch Pro2.
It's not much bigger than TP2. i think I could manage to fit it in my pocket. And yes, it has everything I want from my phone today, except T-Mo USA 3G

Old 09-15-2009, 06:01 PM
whydidnt
Pontificator

I'm definitely interested, but I'm thinking that they will chose to ignore the US market when releasing this and it will not have 3G bands that we can use in the states. Meaning I stick with the competition that much longer.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:37 AM
jdmichal
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by virain View Post
It's not much bigger than TP2. i think I could manage to fit it in my pocket. And yes, it has everything I want from my phone today, except T-Mo USA 3G
I guess that depends on your definition of *much*. It looks significantly wider, and slightly taller. All for increased screen space, which is not something that I think is a problem with the TP2.

Now, I would NOT mind the processor! Throw on WM7 and I'd be quite the happy camper.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:03 PM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmichal View Post
I guess that depends on your definition of *much*. It looks significantly wider, and slightly taller. All for increased screen space, which is not something that I think is a problem with the TP2.

Now, I would NOT mind the processor! Throw on WM7 and I'd be quite the happy camper.
Actually, I compare it to TP2, Its right here in front of me. I love this phone, but Leo looks much more interesting

Old 09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by virain View Post
Actually, I compare it to TP2, Its right here in front of me. I love this phone, but Leo looks much more interesting
Exactly; I have the TP2 and, running WM 6.5.1, is not bad but it is thick and I would rather prefer something wider but thinner.... not to mention the processor and, finally, a capacitive screen.
Only issue is as fast HTC will release it; I am not sure it fits WM 7 requirements and if the release date will be delayed and get too close to WM7 availability people will likely skip it.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:21 PM
jdmichal
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzly View Post
Exactly; I have the TP2 and, running WM 6.5.1, is not bad but it is thick and I would rather prefer something wider but thinner.... not to mention the processor and, finally, a capacitive screen.
Only issue is as fast HTC will release it; I am not sure it fits WM 7 requirements and if the release date will be delayed and get too close to WM7 availability people will likely skip it.
To each their own I guess. To me, a 20% or so (eyeballing here) increase in width is worth considering what you get for it. In this case, you get a bigger screen. Since I have no problems with the screen size on the TP2, I don't think it's worth the increase. Especially without an appropriate increase in resolution.

And I was under the impression that WM6.x could only handle resistive touch screens. So if this has a capacitive screen, I would think that's a clear indication that it's targeting WM7?

Last edited by jdmichal; 09-16-2009 at 06:33 PM..