Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 09-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Documents To Go Premium Edition Reviewed by WMExperts

http://www.wmexperts.com/documents-...-edition-review

"Documents To Go has been one of the leading applications for viewing and editing Microsoft Office documents for many years. With each release of Windows Mobile however, native Office support has been improved to include new features. Where does that leave Documents To Go and its $29.95 price tag?"

Not so impressed with Office Mobile from Microsoft? Looking for something better? Documents To Go might be your answer. I've never tested this myself, as Office Mobile has always fallen into that "good enough until I get back to my office" category. For a mobile Word tool to be good enough for me to use for all the work I do, it would need to support both reading and adding of comments, which would be quite a challenge on a small screen - though there are clever ways of doing it. Documents To Go gets a positive rating in this review, and those of you out there with Windows Mobile Standard devices may want to pay special attention given that Office Mobile on non-touchscreen devices is a little hobbled.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:35 PM
srmz
Ponderer

Does not even come close to SoftMaker's oFfice.

If anyone wants to do some serious work on a mobile device then the fidelity of the document going Back and forth the pocket PC and the computer is very important for me and in this end I have yet to see any office program that betters softmaker.

I also see that in terms of functionality there is hardly any feature that you find in a full blown computer based office program but is missing from SoftMaker.

Just my views and regards to all

Old 09-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmz View Post
Does not even come close to SoftMaker's oFfice.
Agreed, but $79.95 USD is some VERY expensive software. I think SoftMaker have priced themselves out of the market...