Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Windows Live Mail Pushed To Your Device

http://omega2008.wordpress.com/2009...to-your-device/

"Like myself, I am sure that there are lots of people who use Windows Live Mail on there Windows Mobile device and I am sure that most people use the mobile site: mobile.live.com to check their mail. But, what if you could circumvent all of this and have your mail "pushed" to your device like Microsoft Exchange Server? Well you can, and I am going to show you how."

If you use Windows Live mail, formerly known as Hotmail, then this walk through should be of interest to you. Be forewarned though - on that site when I hover over or a select a link, a supremely annoying popup called Wordpress Snap Shots shows up, making an annoying browsing experience out of it. It should be worth it though to get push working for you.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Omega2008
Pupil
Default mShot Preview

Sorry about the mShot preview. I disabled them, I find them very annoying myself.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:50 PM
cweeks
Pupil
Default wow

I just can't take *anyone* seriously who can't tell the difference between (and use properly) their, there, and they're.

bah.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:29 PM
martin_ayton
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweeks View Post
I just can't take *anyone* seriously who can't tell the difference between (and use properly) their, there, and they're.

bah.
Hey, are you having a bad day today?

Someone tries to help by letting the rest of us know how to do something useful and, because their English isn't perfect (which may not be their fault in any way), you have to take a public pop at them?

One of the things I like about this forum is that it is a friendly place with very, very few flamings. Let's keep it that way. Please?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:00 PM
vovillamor
Pupil
Default Multiple Live Accounts

I've tried this method before, and it worked pretty well at pushing e-mail from the one Windows Live account that I tested.

However, I have about 3 live accounts that I track.

I haven't found a way to use this method to push Windows Live e-mail to more than 1 account at at time.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:24 PM
cweeks
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ayton View Post
Hey, are you having a bad day today?

Someone tries to help by letting the rest of us know how to do something useful and, because their English isn't perfect (which may not be their fault in any way), you have to take a public pop at them?

One of the things I like about this forum is that it is a friendly place with very, very few flamings. Let's keep it that way. Please?
Not so much a bad day as a bad few years. I've just had my fill of people who can't seem to grasp the simplest concepts in communication. It wasn't intended as a flame so much as commentary. To me it is the same as showing up for a job interview without the benefit of a shower for a week. It just makes a bad impression, and I doubt the interviewer would take you seriously because of it.

Someone who takes so little interest in getting the simple things right can't be trusted to get the big ones right.

Just my .02$.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Ed Hansberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweeks View Post
Not so much a bad day as a bad few years. I've just had my fill of people who can't seem to grasp the simplest concepts in communication. It wasn't intended as a flame so much as commentary. To me it is the same as showing up for a job interview without the benefit of a shower for a week. It just makes a bad impression, and I doubt the interviewer would take you seriously because of it.
If you feel your actions further the mobile device community and make Pocket PC Thoughts a more welcoming venue by correcting grammar an/or spelling, please continue. If not though, you might try www.grammarthoughts.com or a similar site to vent your frustrations on the proper use of the English language.

Not every article we link to is to someone that has English as their primary language, and I know this is a shock, but not everyone tht speaks English has the same education level you do so they may not get it all right. Doesn't matter much to me, I am more interested in what they have to say about mobile devices.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:54 AM
sooby77
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry View Post
If you feel your actions further the mobile device community and make Pocket PC Thoughts a more welcoming venue by correcting grammar an/or spelling, please continue. If not though, you might try www.grammarthoughts.com or a similar site to vent your frustrations on the proper use of the English language.

Not every article we link to is to someone that has English as their primary language, and I know this is a shock, but not everyone tht speaks English has the same education level you do so they may not get it all right. Doesn't matter much to me, I am more interested in what they have to say about mobile devices.
I see both sides of the arguments. However, PPCThoughts is a reputable website and thus should at least proofread whatever they post. A (sic) next to the word "there" would suffice. Sites do it all the time. Or are we just too lazy and have fallen prey to the cut-n-paste culture?

Old 08-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Ed Hansberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
I see both sides of the arguments. However, PPCThoughts is a reputable website and thus should at least proofread whatever they post. A (sic) next to the word "there" would suffice. Sites do it all the time. Or are we just too lazy and have fallen prey to the cut-n-paste culture?
Their are two many other things in life that are more important. Eye have also decided that eye will ad these things in once in a while just too sea what affect it has on .00001% of our readers. Eye like to air on the side of caution though, so will keep it too just won or to errors a weak. It keeps it interesting, at least for me.

The rest of our readership will hopefully glean valuable information from our posts.

Last edited by Ed Hansberry; 08-23-2009 at 04:34 PM..

Old 08-24-2009, 11:36 PM
dumbquestion
Neophyte
Default hi thair

people pease. they're-they're now. back to the topic. I have been getting hotmail on my phone without live since they reinstated pop. I hate live as it's insidious and not easy to remove, plus the 30000 character limit. Just set up email without autodetecting settings so you can enter the pop3.live.com & smpt.live.com et al and set it to check every 2 hours or as thery arrive. cake.