Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 08-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default T-Mo Wants How Much For a Touch Pro 2?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/12/...htc-touch-pro2/

"And then, there's this. T-Mobile USA has somehow found it within its heart to charge a near-astronomical $349.99 (on a two-year agreement, no less) for HTC's latest WinMo-packin' powerhouse, the Touch Pro2. Look, we aren't saying the phone isn't worth its weight in gold, but a quick look around the marketplace shows just how out of place this obscenely large asking price really is"

Engadget got it right with their hand signals on the above image. Of course price rumors have been going around like mad on this device, and who knows - perhaps even T-Mobile has gotten in the game and the above is just a big joke. Probably not, but we can dream.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:37 PM
crimsonsky
Thinker

This is the phone I was going to get if I hadn't jumped ship from T-Mobile to AT&T for the iPhone. Considering that the Wing, that wasn't anywhere near this good, cost $300 then $350 doesn't seem outrageous for this device.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:35 PM
aadadams
Neophyte

This is in line with prices of the HTC flagship phones released on other carriers. The Touch Pro was the same price on ATT. Wait until the next carrier releases it then the price will ease down to 299 with a few specials here and there that will allow it to be had for 199 with rebates. Right now they are the exclusive carrier and they are charging a premium, I don't fault them....

Old 08-12-2009, 07:49 PM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

I called T-Mo fo ask for upgrade earlier today. Upgrade price with 2years contract $445 plus taxes & shipping. All in all comes out $510 and change. Retail price without a contract $550. I think I can leave with my G1 for now. Maybe prices eill come down, maybe other unlocked phones running WM will come out & maybe Iwill just jump to AT&T, at least you can find a nice WM device with its 3G spectrum without contracts.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Mountain343
Pupil
Default Letstalk & Wirefly

And the weird thing is, it's only 199 at Letstalk and Wirefly. I'm still taking a wait and see approach at this point until Sprint and Verizon release theirs. The TP2 might finally be the device that gets me to stop carrying 2 separate devices all of the time and just carry a converged device.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Curiosity
Pupil
Default Hope AT&T doesn't do the same thing

I hope that AT&T will not require a data plan to get a decent price on this phone. Right now, the Fuze is the same price as the Touch Pro 2 without a data plan ($50 rebate with a plan). While it would be nice to have internet wherever I go, I don't need it and would rather not commit $720 over 2 years for it.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:42 AM
Omegajb
Pupil

$349 is a little steep for me right now, I think I might wait a little bit to see if they drop the prices. The iPhone with 32 GB is going for $299. I was a little supprised TMO didn't try to stay in the price point.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:13 AM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

This is way better than my G1 was, I'm back baby!

WM user for 11 years running now my longest break from daily use before this was 1 month, this hasn't been a comfortable 4 months and I kept using WM on the sly but not daily

Old 08-13-2009, 06:28 AM
edvislee
Neophyte
Talking Wow! Only $199 at New Egg

Hey guys,
Why not just visit newegg.com and buy your Tmobile Touch Pro 2 for $199 with 2 year contract. I just did and I'm SMILING!!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 03:28 PM
ffmobileguy
Neophyte
Wink 35% off through Bing

I ordered one yesterday directly from T-Mobile web site. I used my Bing account and got 35% Cash Back on the order. This is my first Bing transaction so I don't know how long or difficult it will be to get the $$$. However, 35% is nothing to sneeze at.

Also, the phone price may be higher, but the monthly plans at T Mobile are way less than ATT and others. For example, 1000 minutes for only $39/mo. When comparing prices, one has to look at 'Total cost of ownership' and not just hardware. But then doing the math is no fun. It is more fun to complain about evil corporations like T-Mobile.

Hmmm, maybe the US Fed Govt should nationalize the phone companies!!! That should drive the prices down!! ROFL

Last edited by ffmobileguy; 08-13-2009 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: Forgot something