Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Spb Releases Spb News 2.0, Free Upgrade for Insight 1.x Owners

http://www.spbsoftware.com/press/pr...2009/jul22.html

"SPB Software, a top mobile applications developer, releases SPB News 2.0 - formerly known as SPB Insight - an intelligent news reader that makes full-text articles (including images) available for offline reading on Windows phones. SPB News gives users the freedom to read the daily news from online sources of their choice, at a time and place most convenient to them. SPB News 2.0 has a new user-friendly touch interface, supports gestures, automatic updates, and smart scrolling in articles. Users of SPB Insight 1.x are entitled to a free update to SPB News 2.0."

Formerly known as Spb Insight, Spb News 2.0 is the latest release of this RSS/offline Web site reader. Improvements in this new version include a new touch-oriented interface, automatic and scheduled updates, smart scrolling in articles, and a bunch of fixes in overall stability and performance. Since it's not available yet in our affiliate store, you can grab it directly from Spb's Web site. Though the Web site doesn't mean Windows Mobile Standard smartphones, the information I was emailed does, so this should be compatible with both platforms.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

I just did an OTA download and install of the trial version.
It installed okay, imported the OPML and updated the channels okay.

But the darndest thing. I don't seem to have any option to actually open and read any of the feeds.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii