Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 07-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Touch Pro2 Delayed?

http://www.tmonews.com/2009/07/rele...fans-take-note/

T-Mobile was expected to release the Touch Pro2 on July 22 in the US, but now there are rumors that it could be delayed until early August. Of course, and this is the device I am waiting on. My old phone died and I've resurrected my HTC Universal for daily duty. I seriously need a new device. My three week wait may have just become five or six weeks. Ugh.

Update: T-Mobile's official Twitter account has confirmed that the Touch Pro2 will make it this summer.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:47 PM
moriahcom
Pupil
Unhappy TP2 Delay

Noooooooooooo! Please say it isn't so!

Old 07-02-2009, 08:54 PM
burtcom
Intellectual

Just hop on over to Expansys

/62 in stock now

Old 07-02-2009, 09:32 PM
azhiker
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to azhiker
Default 6.5?

Perhaps the reason for the short delay is because they are switching things over to WM 6.5 instead of 6.1. That does avoid the hassel of making the switch later.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Omegajb
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtcom View Post
Just hop on over to Expansys

/62 in stock now
Thoes are not NA phones are they?

Old 07-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Frankie1
Intellectual
Unhappy Sorry guys

SORRY GUYS!

I know to you all I�m some random guy on the internets, but I reassure you that I have seen the NAM version of this phone in person. I live in Margate, FL. But there�s a bit of bad news here. The version I saw was CDMA, yes that right. It was a Sprint employee with a sprint branded Touch Pro2. I spotted it out the corner of my eye (he was texting on it) and I immediately approached him and confirmed it. As soon as I took out my touch HD to snap a few 5MP pictures of it he quickly and nervously put it away.

I then queried him and here�s the bad news. He told me that Sprint has exclusive rights for at least 6 months! And that�s why T-Mobile will be delaying it. I didn�t pay it any mind at all till I seen this article. I didn�t want to believe him but he was the guy with a Sprint branded Touch Pro2, and believe me I argued with him for about 30 minutes in disbelief. He told me that I he was a beta tester, and the phone will be delayed across the board, but even then Sprint will have it exclusively in the US for at least 6 months.

SORRY GUYS! I Hope I'm wrong....

Old 07-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Cirrob
Pupil
Default Dont worry. you are wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie1 View Post
SORRY GUYS!

I know to you all I�m some random guy on the internets, but I reassure you that I have seen the NAM version of this phone in person. I live in Margate, FL. But there�s a bit of bad news here. The version I saw was CDMA, yes that right. It was a Sprint employee with a sprint branded Touch Pro2. I spotted it out the corner of my eye (he was texting on it) and I immediately approached him and confirmed it. As soon as I took out my touch HD to snap a few 5MP pictures of it he quickly and nervously put it away.

I then queried him and here�s the bad news. He told me that Sprint has exclusive rights for at least 6 months! And that�s why T-Mobile will be delaying it. I didn�t pay it any mind at all till I seen this article. I didn�t want to believe him but he was the guy with a Sprint branded Touch Pro2, and believe me I argued with him for about 30 minutes in disbelief. He told me that I he was a beta tester, and the phone will be delayed across the board, but even then Sprint will have it exclusively in the US for at least 6 months.

SORRY GUYS! I Hope I'm wrong....
The guy was pumping smoke, i.e. lying. There are pages upon pages of proof that tmobile is not only releasing this phone, but releasing it first.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:25 AM
Omegajb
Pupil

It does look like T-Mobile will be last to market with the TP2. Sad, I read the reason is they didn't want the TP2 to steal the thunder of the My Touch Android handset.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

Ed, I know how you feel, I'm waiting to come back from the android world (it has been an interesting 4 months but now it's time to come home), another month now

Old 07-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Frankie1
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrob View Post
The guy was pumping smoke, i.e. lying. There are pages upon pages of proof that tmobile is not only releasing this phone, but releasing it first.
I would totally agree with you if I didn't see the device myself with sprint branding.