Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 06-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Huawei C8000: Video Mighty-Mite

http://www.theunwired.net/?item=unv...onal-smartphone

"While Huawei hasn't unveiled too much yet, it's said that the C8000 features Windows Mobile (most likely Professional but no word about the version), incorporates a 3D menu graphic user interface (GUI) and a unique independent display adapter which enables the smooth presentation of video files and DVD-quality pictures on the 2.8" touchscreen. With optimized power management, the new handset is capable of playing video files continuously for six to eight hours."

Huawei is a huge name in the communications and network hardware market as an ODM and as an OEM, though they don't have much brand recognition at the retail level outside of China. While I don't think this is going to change anytime soon, Huawei is slowing gaining ground in supplying handsets rather than just the chips that power their signals - their total cumulative sales of CDMA handsets just breached 50 million. The C8000 is a fairly unassuming (and unoriginal) looking handset, with a 2.8" touchscreen and 3D interface (note: the::unwired has the wrong device photo up). Under the bonnet though, the device reputedly has a graphics chip that can run DVD-quality video for 6-8 hours (Snapdragon? OMAP IV?). Apart from that, details are sparse (read here for the press release) - in keeping with Huawei's modus operandi, this device will probably be offered to the ODM market rather than direct to retail, so don't look for this anytime soon.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:32 AM
timlayton
Pupil

I think this new Huawei C8000 is one of the most interesting business opportunities that I have read about in a long time. I just keep thinking about the market opportunity in china and the size of it. The possibilities are just huge. Should be interesting to see how this device and windows mobile does in this launch.