Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 06-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default phoneArena Reviews the HTC Touch Pro2

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC...iew-r_2180.html

"HTC used to equip their top range smart phones with wide, side sliding, full QWERTY keyboards that seem to have been largely successful, since the first, fifth generation device with the same form factor, the HTC Touch Pro2, has just been released. Unlike its predecessor, it´s larger rather than smaller and brings the round-shape design back into the game, chucking the edgy form all latest handsets of the same manufacturer stake on. The phone sports a huge 3.6-inch screen, awesome 5 row keyboard, mechanism that lets you tilt the display so you can see things better and a bunch of extra business features to drool over."

phoneArena does their usual excellent job looking at the latest and greatest from HTC: the Touch Pro2 [Affiliate]. This is HTC's flagship business professional phone, and it's both beautiful and big. phoneArena has a few gripes - apparently the call quality in terms of how others sound to you isn't that great - but the hardware is fast and responsive. And look at that keyboard! It practically screams "Type fast on me!". Video walkthrough after the break.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:47 AM
dh
Mystic
Default That is nice!

Been a while now since I had a Windows Mobile device (not counting the Symborola and Intermec ones I sell) but that is one nice looking design.

If my iPhone had that keyboard (and a proper office suite) I'd just be so happy. That's the problem with being single sourced for hardware.

Nice to see HTC are still moving things along.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:40 AM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

Can't wait for TP2 to come to T-Mobile USA! So I could put away in to the draw my current G1 next to 1st gen. fruitPhone

Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 PM
frankenbike
Intellectual

After my experience with my Mogul, I think I might be over the QWERTY thing. After only a year and a half, I get double letters or they don't appear at all, even when I press hard. Out of the box it worked perfect, but it's just not something HTC does with durability. If you can't type fast with a QWERTY thumboard, what's the point?

I use my touch screen now for IMs and email (with a 3rd party touch keyboard). This makes me sad.

To the iPhone users I'd say, don't be jealous of the HW keyboard. It'll only work right for awhile.

At least the phone has a bigger screen so the touch keyboards are more practical as a backup.